Let us look in the Apple Apps store. One of the pleasures of having an iPhone is learning how to use it to help lighten your load in life. So today we are going to look at some of those apps that Apple has for the iPhone that makes life better.
- If you are one of those people who need an alarm clock to get up early in the mornings, then please do not go out and buy one, but use your iPhone. They have a wonderful apps that turn your iPhone into an alarm clock. Not only that, with some of them you can choose your own music as the sound for your alarm. I, personally choose some of my favorite music out of my iTunes account and every morning I wake up with a different sound. The app that I am using is from iHandySoft Inc. and it is wonderful and free. If you would like to upgrade, there is a small cost which is very reasonable.
- For those of you who do not like turning on a light if you have to get up in the middle of the night, use your iPhone as a flashlight, and install a flashlight app. Again, I have a free flashlight app version on my iPhone and it works great.
- Okay Facebook people, do you want to keep in touch with your friends and family on Facebook. The iPhone Facebook app is perfect. The set up is remarkable and it is easy to use. Especially as beginners, we are nervous because we do not want to do anything wrong. Stop worrying, using the Facebook app on your iPhone is not a headache. It is an easy process.
- Do you like text messaging? Do you want to stay in touch by sending pictures with your messenger, but you do not like paying the price. Well, try Whatapps! This is a beautiful mobile messaging app that allows you to send text messages and pictures without having to pay for the text message.
There are so many apps to choose from. Apple has them divided up into categories. There are apps for Productivity, learning & reference, games, music & audio, organization and many, many more.
Now that I have named a few apps that you might want to install, how do we install them?
- Let go to the Apple app store on your iPhone. The Apple app store is normally found on the first page of your iPhone. This means that your iPhone viewing screen breaks down into pages. If you look down at the bottom of your screen, above the home launch pad and you will see eleven little dots. Each dot is a page, which means you can display up to 176 apps on your iPhone, if you do not decide to categorize them in groups. In other words, you can make your own categories and put your alarm clock, notes app, text messenger and flashlight together and group them in one box. However we will talk about that at later time.
- We set up your iTunes account last Friday, when we activated your iPhone. Now let us go into the app store.
- Tip lightly on search and your virtual keyboard should appear. We want to installed the iHandySoft free version of the alarm clock.
- Please tip iHandy with your virtual keyboard into the search field. If you have done this correctly, you should come up with two free versions of iHandy alarm clock and a free version of the flashlight.
- Next, tip again on the iHandy alarm clock you will go to a screen that describes the product and give you information on how you can use it.
- Either directly under a picture of the product or on the left side you will see a small button with free, please press enter and then the button will change to installation. Press on the button with installation and the program will install itself. Your iTunes sign-in screen may appear.
If you have signed out of your account, it will ask you for your password. Please type in your password and the app will install itself.
Another thing to know is that the Terms and Service Agreement will probably pop up. You have to accept this service agreement before you can make any purchases in the Apple App store and any times there are changes in the Terms and Service conditions, you will be prompted to read and accept them anew.
See how easy it was to install your first app. Now take some time and familiarize yourself with the apps in the apps store and have fun with installing them.
Before we go and any further, we will look at how to get an iPhone 4S at a good price on Friday, to help those of you who would like to acquire one but have not done it yet.
- Alarm Clock HD – Free – Alarm Clock Company (itunes.apple.com)
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store (naveedtaji.com)
- The iPhone turns 5 (iphone4tips.wordpress.com)